Deer Park used to be referred to by the First Nations people as "Mushquoteh", which means a meadow or opening in the wood where deer come to feed. In 1837, the Heath family purchased forty acres of land in "Mushquoteh". Appropriately, they named their estate Deer Park.
By the 1850's, the Deer Park area had grown to include a handful of country villas, a general store, a school, a cemetery, a race track, and a hotel that was located at the intersection of Yonge and St. Clair. Patrons at the Deer Park Hotel used to delight in feeding the deer that roamed on the hotel grounds.
The deer were long gone by the time Deer Park was annexed to the City of Toronto in 1908. Deer Park filled in very quickly after annexation. By the 1930's the Deer Park neighbourhood was established as one of Toronto's finest residential districts.
Not intended to solicit buyers or sellers, landlords or tenants currently under contract.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.
REALTOR® contact information provided to facilitate inquiries from consumers interested in Real Estate services. Please do not contact the website owner with unsolicited commercial offers.